Monday, October 18, 2010

The ASTERIO Roadster first preview


If you are looking for the Asterio Roadster website, try this link.


--------------------->RE-EDIT<------------------------
I've noticed an increase  in pageviews over this article.... but not the second part of it with all the good news.. so check it out here
--------------------->RE-EDIT<------------------------

Hi Everyone,
 
I was saving this one for later, but then I decided that since nothing existed on the web about this vehicle (at least Google doesn't have a clue)... maybe I could write something.

Today, I feel a little like Jeremy Clarkson.

A good friend of mine is involved in the consortium to build the Portuguese Sports Car.
As we know each other for a long time now, and he values my knowledge about cars, he invited-me for the 1st presentation of this car due to happen this week.
I'm not yet disclosing data about what I know, because I don't yet know how much is to disclose... and since he is a very good friend, I'm being over zealous about this event and the car surrounding it (I would never put a friend in a bad position).
So, all I can say is that apparently Portugal built a prototype Sports car that is already running and under testing. Depending on the disclosure level entrusted to every attendee, I'll eventually continue this post... or include a "sorry, can't comment".

Independently, since this is the first post I could find about this issue, people visiting this blog SHOULD consider registering to be able to receive warnings on updates and new articles (and discuss the subjects).

 --------------------->RE-EDIT<------------------------
I've noticed an increase  in pageviews over this article.... but not the second part of it with all the good news.. so check it out here
--------------------->RE-EDIT<------------------------

3 comments:

  1. may be it worths a test drive, who knows ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The test drive didn't happen.
    Why?
    1st I thought that if the project needs investors, then THEY should be driving it to get a feel of the car and decide PRO-investment.
    2nd It's a diesel... I mean, I sold my diesel because it wasn't fun... why ohh why whould i want to drive another!?
    3rd This was the prototype. And the others are in the UK under homologuation process... so I would have to drive a race chassis, in a race track, like a gentleman... no thanks... I don't even drive my car on the road like a gentleman.
    4th I rather talk to the brilliant minds behind the project... and judging from the conversation's I've heard there... so did they prefer talk with a engineer rather than investors. I was talking chassis and engine stuff with people that had Lotus and F1 experience... I mean... GODs on earth; and all I could hear in the back was: My new TAXI sls does this and my Porsche does that... and my Aston does all of that plus peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give this project some time and weight... and then I'll redeem my "test drive" pass. Till then Let's just prioritize ;)
    I had to explain this to everyone on track that day (trying to persuade me to test drive-it)... and to everyone OFF track since then.

    Is it soooo hard to understand?
    I'll explain better:
    I love the chassis design and i would change VERY LITTLE on that design.
    I love the project and how far it came.
    I hate diesels.
    I hate to drive slow.
    Why should I spoil the brilliant moment that morning was in my life with a bitter-sweet experience!? I'll give it time to mature and then enjoy.

    ReplyDelete